When open ocean sailing always make sure your safe!
- Never go out alone
- Always make sure someone who stays ashore knows you are out. Make sure this person knows what to do when you don't contact him/her on a agreed time.
- If your kit breaks down, NEVER LEAVE YOUR BOARD!.
- If your kit breaks down, make sure you keep a peace of your mast. (So you can draw attention with it.)
- Never go too far out. Make sure you are in visible range of you buddy.
- Remember to regularly check on your buddy that he's standing.
- When in doubt.... don't go out.
left of Caracas bay road is a public beach. From there you can launch
straight out to sea. Nice local food available right on the
spot. Sometimes, however, a parked oilrig or ship can block
the wind (and the view). It's walkable distance from Windsurfing Curacao, most sailors park at Windsurfing Curacao and walk over the road to the beach.